In the last post BB wrote about the "Women Rise Above It" campaign, so now let's talk about the strength, guidance, self belief that girls need in order to become those women. Today, more than ever, being female is full of contradicting options and thoughts, and good direction with positive programs are much needed.
and just how does GENaustin help girls?
- clubGEN " is an after school program for girls in grades 4-8. At clubGEN, girls are surrounded with positive role models they can relate to for connection, inspiration, and guidance."
- We Are Girls Conference " is a statewide annual conference that helps girls explore the issues of bullying, body image and being a girl. Topics addressed include bullying, cyber bullying, self image, dating, diversity, financial literacy, media literacy, parent-daughter relationships and physical health and wellness."
- Girl Talk Workshops " explore the issues of being a girl with topics such dating, body image, communication, friendships, and parent-daughter relationships. Girl Talk Workshops are offered to schools and community groups for girls in grades 4-12 year-round."
- GirlConnect, a Dell "Powering the Possible" Program "Technology has a major impact on the lives of girls today, influencing their choices and relationships. GirlConnect’s goal is to address the challenges girls face in their daily lives by incorporating technology and 21st century skills into an engaging and interactive curriculum."
- 180 Program " is a prevention and intervention program designed to reach middle and high school girls involved in or at high risk of becoming involved in the juvenile justice system. The program goals are to decrease rates of juvenile delinquency and increase in-school functioning, critical thinking skills and self-sufficiency for program participants. 180 reaches many girls after a first offense and helps them get back on track, preventing them from entering or re-entering the juvenile justice system. "
- Parent Workshops "The teen and preteen years are equally tough for girls and parents. Your role and relationship with your daughter is changing. It can be difficult to know how to help her navigate the new challenges and pressures in her life. GENaustin’s Parent Workshops are a resource available to address your concerns. At our workshops, we provide tips, tools, and strategies you can use to raise a healthy and empowered daughter. They are also a space to connect and share with other parents experiencing similar challenges".