- To begin preparing, you should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Ensure a supply of water for sanitary purpose such as cleaning and flushing toilets. Fill the bathtub and other larger containers with water.
- Find out how to keep food safe during and after and emergency.
- If you cannot return home and have immediate housing needs. Text SHELTER + your ZIP code to 43362 (4FEMA) to find the nearest shelter in your area (example: shelter 12345).
- For those who have longer-term housing needs, FEMA offers several types of assistance, including services and grants to help people repair their homes and find replacement housing. Apply for assistance or search for information about housing rental resources
July 07, 2014
HolaHolaHola My Beautifuls!!!
Ya 2014 has had it's first official hurricane, Arthur. Estan listas, you ready for the next one?
"Did you know that a mere six inches of fast-moving flood water can knock over an adult? It also only takes two feet of rushing water to carry away most vehicles including pickups and SUV’s. More tips and information: www.ready.gov/
Having lived through Andrew, (scary, scary, beyond scary) and going to a hurricane shelter a couple of years ago, BB can testify to the need for safety and being aware of the weather at all times. Thankfully this is easy to do with WEA- Wireless Emergency Alerts. This is a new system started January 1 that will sound an alert and vibrate on your cellphone when there is possible danger from weather conditions. The complete Q & A can be found on http://www.ready.gov/alerts.
Another site to visit for tips on saving safe during hurricanes is http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes . It shows you how to prepare and what to do before, during, and after a hurricane. Highlights:
Hurricanes, this is very real and for once Babushka finds no humor in a situation. Pero, this is definitely a good time for Gratitude and realizing what's important in life. Be sure to gather your family close and stay safe My Beautifuls.
Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!
you may also like
you look at them, smile, and say-
JU SO FONII!!!